LinkedIn has established itself as the leading professional networking platform, connecting professionals from various industries around the globe. While the basic version of LinkedIn offers a wide range of features, LinkedIn Premium takes professional networking to the next level.
In this article, we delve into the world of LinkedIn Premium, discussing its cost structure, linkedin premium cost, and whether the investment is worthwhile for professionals aiming to maximize their LinkedIn experience.
Understanding LinkedIn Premium
LinkedIn Premium is a subscription-based service offered by LinkedIn that provides enhanced features and functionalities beyond what is available in the free version. It is designed to empower professionals by offering a range of tools and insights that facilitate networking, job searching, and career advancement.
LinkedIn Premium offers multiple subscription plans tailored to meet different professional needs. linkedin premium cost plans may vary based on factors such as the duration of the subscription and the geographic location of the user. It’s important to note that LinkedIn periodically updates its pricing structure, so it’s always advisable to visit LinkedIn’s official website for the most accurate and up-to-date information.
However, as of the knowledge cutoff date in September 2021, here are some common subscription options:
LinkedIn Premium Career:
- Monthly: Approximately $29.99 per month
- Annual: Approximately $239.88 per year (equivalent to $19.99 per month)
LinkedIn Premium Business:
- Monthly: Approximately $59.99 per month
- Annual: Approximately $575.88 per year (equivalent to $47.99 per month)
LinkedIn Sales Navigator:
- Monthly: Approximately $79.99 per month
- Annual: Approximately $779.88 per year (equivalent to $64.99 per month)
It’s worth noting that these prices are subject to change, and LinkedIn may introduce new linkedin premium cost plans or modify existing ones. Therefore, it is always advisable to visit the official LinkedIn website to get the most accurate and up-to-date pricing details of linkedin premium cost.
LinkedIn Premium Cost
LinkedIn Premium offers four different plans, each with its own set of features and pricing. Here’s a breakdown of the different LinkedIn Premium plans and their costs:
LinkedIn Premium Career
This plan is designed for job seekers and costs $29.99 per month when paid monthly. If you choose to pay annually, the cost is $239.88 per year (which works out to $19.99 per month). With LinkedIn Premium Career, you get access to advanced job search filters, insights on how you compare to other job applicants, and the ability to see who’s viewed your profile in the last 90 days.
LinkedIn Premium Business
This plan is designed for business professionals and costs $59.99 per month when paid monthly. If you choose to pay annually, the cost is $575.88 per year (which works out to $47.99 per month). With LinkedIn Premium Business, you get access to advanced search filters, unlimited access to LinkedIn Learning courses, and the ability to send direct messages to people outside of your network.
LinkedIn Sales Navigator Professional
This plan is designed for sales professionals and costs $79.99 per month when paid monthly. If you choose to pay annually, the cost is $779.88 per year (which works out to $64.99 per month). With LinkedIn Sales Navigator Professional, you get access to advanced lead and company search filters, lead recommendations based on your preferences, and the ability to save and track leads and accounts.
LinkedIn Recruiter Lite
This plan is designed for recruiters and costs $119.95 per month when paid monthly. If you choose to pay annually, the cost is $1,199.40 per year (which works out to $99.95 per month). With LinkedIn Recruiter Lite, you get access to advanced search filters, the ability to send InMails to potential candidates, and the ability to see expanded candidate profiles.
It’s worth noting that these prices are subject to change, so it’s important to check the LinkedIn website for the most up-to-date pricing information.
LinkedIn Premium Features
Each LinkedIn Premium cost plan comes with a unique set of features designed to help users achieve their goals on the platform. Here’s a breakdown of some of the features you can expect to get with LinkedIn Premium:
Advanced Search Filters
With LinkedIn Premium, you get access to advanced search filters that allow you to narrow down your search results based on specific criteria, such as location, industry, company size, and more. This can be particularly useful for job seekers and recruiters looking for specific candidates.
Insights on Who’s Viewed Your Profile
LinkedIn Premium allows you to see who’s viewed your profile in the last 90 days. This can be a useful tool for job seekers who want to see if recruiters are viewing their profile.
Unlimited Access to LinkedIn Learning
With LinkedIn Premium Business and LinkedIn Sales Navigator Professional, you get unlimited access to LinkedIn Learning courses. This can be a valuable resource for professionals looking to expand their skills and knowledge.
With LinkedIn Premium Business and LinkedIn Sales Navigator Professional, you get the ability to send direct messages to people outside of your network. This can be useful for business professionals looking to connect with potential clients or partners.
Benefits of LinkedIn Premium
Increased Visibility and Access
LinkedIn Premium offers an “Open Profile” feature, allowing premium subscribers to see and message anyone on LinkedIn, regardless of whether they are a direct connection. This can be a powerful tool for expanding your professional network and reaching out to potential employers, clients, or collaborators.
Enhanced Job Search Capabilities
LinkedIn Premium provides advanced search filters, such as job title, company size, and seniority level, allowing users to refine their job search and identify relevant opportunities more efficiently. Premium subscribers also receive job recommendations tailored to their career interests and the ability to access insights on the competition for specific roles.
In-Depth Profile Insights
Premium users gain access to “Who’s Viewed Your Profile” and can see insights about the companies and job titles of those who have viewed their profile. This information is invaluable in understanding how one’s profile is performing and making data-driven decisions to optimize professional visibility.
Learning and Skill Development
LinkedIn Premium offers unlimited access to LinkedIn Learning courses, which cover a vast range of topics to enhance professional skills and knowledge. This feature can be particularly beneficial for individuals looking to upskill or transition to a new career path.
Sales and Lead Generation
LinkedIn Sales Navigator, a premium plan specifically designed for sales professionals, offers advanced lead search and lead recommendations, CRM integrations, and personalized insights to boost sales prospecting efforts. It enables professionals to build stronger client relationships, identify new business opportunities, and close deals more effectively.
Is LinkedIn Premium Worth It?
The decision to invest in LinkedIn Premium depends on your specific professional goals, requirements, and budget. For job seekers, sales professionals, or individuals aiming to optimize their LinkedIn presence.
Enhance features and benefits
Increased Visibility and Networking Opportunities
LinkedIn Premium provides expanded access to profiles and search results, allowing you to connect and engage with professionals outside your network. This can be particularly valuable when looking for new job opportunities, seeking mentorship, or expanding your industry connections.
One of the standout features of LinkedIn Premium is the allocation of InMail credits. InMails allow you to send direct messages to individuals outside your network, offering a powerful tool for reaching out to potential clients, industry leaders, or recruiters. InMail credits vary depending on the Premium plan you choose, providing an opportunity for meaningful outreach and engagement.
Advanced Insights and Analytics
LinkedIn Premium offers valuable data and analytics to gain deeper insights into your profile performance, such as who has viewed your profile, keyword insights, and applicant data. This information can help you understand how you compare to other professionals and make data-driven decisions to optimize your LinkedIn presence.
Access to LinkedIn Learning is a notable advantage of LinkedIn Premium. With thousands of courses covering various professional skills, industry-specific knowledge, and personal development topics, LinkedIn Learning can help you stay ahead of the curve, acquire new skills, and enhance your marketability.
Applicant Insights and Job Insights
Premium Career subscribers gain access to applicant insights, allowing them to see how they compare to other applicants for specific jobs. Job Insights provide valuable data on salary ranges, company hiring trends, and the skills sought after by employers. These features can be instrumental in refining your job search strategy and negotiating offers.
Premium Business subscribers have the option to enable an open profile, allowing non-connections to view their complete profile and contact them directly. This can be advantageous for professionals who want to increase their visibility and receive inquiries from potential clients, partners, or employers.
Evaluating the Value
- Consider Your Goals: The value of LinkedIn Premium largely depends on your professional objectives. If you are actively seeking new job opportunities, expanding your network, or looking to establish yourself as a thought leader, the enhanced features of LinkedIn Premium can significantly support these goals.
- Assess Your Networking Needs: LinkedIn Premium is particularly beneficial for those seeking to connect with professionals outside their immediate network. If expanding your industry connections, accessing decision-makers, or engaging with potential clients is crucial to your professional growth, the networking advantages provided by LinkedIn Premium are worth considering.
- Evaluate the ROI: Before subscribing to LinkedIn Premium, consider the potential return on investment (ROI) for your specific circumstances. Assess how the additional features align with your professional needs and whether the increased visibility, networking opportunities, and access to learning resources can positively impact your career advancement.
- Explore Alternative Options: It’s worth noting that while LinkedIn Premium offers valuable features, there may be alternative ways to achieve similar results. For example, active engagement in relevant LinkedIn Groups, optimizing your profile with relevant keywords, and consistently sharing valuable content can help you expand your network and increase visibility without a Premium subscription.
Understanding LinkedIn Premium Features
- InMail Credits: Allows users to send messages to LinkedIn members outside their network, providing increased opportunities for networking and job searching.
- Enhanced Job Insights: Gain a competitive edge with access to salary insights, applicant data, and company hiring trends.
- Applicant Insights: Get a deeper understanding of who has viewed your profile and how you compare to other applicants.
- Learning: Access to LinkedIn Learning courses to enhance your professional skills.
- All features of Premium Career
- 15 InMail Credits per month
- Advanced search filters to find and connect with specific professionals, companies, or decision-makers.
- Business Insights: Access insights and analytics to gain a competitive edge in your industry.
- Open Profile: Allows anyone on LinkedIn to see your full profile and contact you directly, even without a connection.
Sales Navigator Professional
- All features of Premium Business
- 20 InMail Credits per month
- Advanced Lead and Company Search: Find and engage with decision-makers and prospects more effectively.
- Sales Insights: Receive real-time insights and alerts to stay informed about your leads and opportunities.
- CRM Integration: Seamlessly integrate LinkedIn with popular Customer Relationship Management (CRM) platforms.
- All features of Premium Business
- 30 InMail Credits per month
- Advanced search and filtering options to identify and engage with top talent.
- Talent Pipeline: Manage and track potential candidates with ease.
- Collaboration Tools: Share candidate profiles, notes, and messages with your hiring team.
Evaluating the Value of LinkedIn Premium
The decision to upgrade to LinkedIn Premium ultimately depends on your professional goals and the specific features you find most valuable. Here are some factors to consider when evaluating the value of LinkedIn Premium:
LinkedIn Premium offers enhanced networking capabilities, such as InMail Credits, advanced search filters, and the ability to connect with professionals outside your network. If expanding your professional connections is a priority, Premium can be beneficial.
Job Searching and Career Development
Premium Career provides access to job insights, salary data, and LinkedIn Learning courses, which can be valuable for those actively.
LinkedIn Premium offers an array of enhanced features and tools to support professionals in their career development, networking, and job search endeavors. Whether it is worth upgrading to LinkedIn Premium depends on your specific goals, networking needs, and the value.